Fabric: Matte Jersey
Pattern Description: Misses six sizes in one.
Pattern Sizing:Size A 8-18. I cut size 14 in the bodice and traced up to 18
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? almost, except that the gathering is to the right in mine.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy to follow and I used it throughtout.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? straightforward instruction and different styles of dress you can make with one pattern.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I made some alterations. With all RTW skirt or dress I buy, the back hem is usually shorter than the front, because there is no extra allowance built in for the "back load" lol.
(1)So I made a 1" wedge on the back pattern .
(2)I raised the neck by 1" so that the girls remain rightly in their place and offer no free show.
(3)Interfaced the neck-facing and used steam a seam to glue it down so it lies flat with no gaping.
(4)I interfaced the hemline for a nice finishing.
1" wedge on the back pattern
Neck raised by 1"
Would you recommend it to others?I will recommend it to others . It' an easy dress with great instruction, and it can be dressed-up or down whichever way you want it.
Conclusion: I just love this dress, I will be wearing it to work tomorrow. I guess I will make one more version before I retire the pattern.
How I determined the 1" wedge:
I already answered this question on your blog, but for others who might want to know why I used the 1" wedge..
I determined the 1" wedge by first making a muslin. I didn't make muslin for this dress though, but the first skirt I made sometime ago, I made a muslin and I slashed through the highest hill (backload) on the back , then, put a 1" wedge to see if it will correct the problem, which it did. So I measured from my waist to the hill to know where to be slashing my subsequent project. which for me it's about 8" rom my waist.
Once I measure 8" from my waist , I slash through and put a 1"wedge. I did this for my skirt, and the brown pant I made a while ago, and it's been correcting this so far.
Hope this answers your question.