Here is my review...
Fabric: Cotton (Challis), I was drawn to this fabric immediately I entered Fabricland early this year and I was fortunately enough to get the remaining 2.8m.
Pattern Description: Dress has collar, collar/front band, fitted bodice with darts stitched on right side of fabric, pleated skirt, attached belt, self carriers and stitched hem.
Pattern Sizing: Size 8- 16, I cut 14 for the bodice and 16 for the skirt
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: Pretty much but mine is longer
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: judging by the pattern envelop,the dress looks too short for my liking so I added 4.5 inches in total to get my desire length.
(1) I lengthened the bodice by 2"
(2) I lengthened the skirt by 2.5 "
(3) Lowered the back neck by 1/4" (I made a wedge, chopped off 1/4" from the back neck and tapped to nothing at the shoulder)
(4) I omitted the pocket, and fabric belt because I have so much going on with the fabric already, I prefer a contrasting belt.
(5) I reduced the collar by 1.5", the pattern collar is not my usual type
What do you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the pleated skirt and the retro style
Would you recommend it to others? If you love this style go for it, it's so flattering and can be dressed as you like....
Have a good week everyone...