Friday, November 28, 2014

Simplicity 1873 + Simplicity 1606 in 33% Rayon Ponte

Hello everyone, quite an age... life has been so busy around her. I try to sew once in a while but too lazy to blog, I hope to be a better blogger someday.
I made this l piece last week after reading so many post on ponte knit, fortunately my local fabric store had a 50% off sale so I stocked up as many colors as I could find.
In one of the blog entries I read, someone mentions that quality of ponte depends on the Rayon content, which cam in handy shopping for ponte, all my new ponte contain at least 33% rayon. In the past  I have bought expensive ones ($20/meter) with higher polyester percentage that I became so disappointed with how they turned out after one  wear, I got these for $8 a meter...score hey!
Per the title I used two different patterns to make the dress, the following alterations were made: Reinforced the joint with twill tape, interfaced the neck and the sleeve then stitched down, just like so many people I don't like neck facing either.





Happy Sewing everyone, Happy Thanksgiving south of the border and enjoy the Black Friday sale everyone

post signature


10 comments:

  1. Nice dress,the fit looks good and I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the color and looks like you did a great job on this dress! Thanks for the tip on using the twill tape for the joint. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress, love color and the exposed zipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Etta Divine Design, my first exposed zipper...

      Delete
  4. That first picture made me say, "She is so sassy!". LOL. You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks Melanie, I hope not to disappear for this long anymore...

    ReplyDelete