Tuesday, January 6, 2015

McCall's 6796..... Last Project of 2014

Happy 2015 folks and yes another McCall's....this time M6797  top pattern was made into a dress. I scored the sweater knit fabric from my local Fabricland and knew right there it was destined for a dress. The dress was made in approximately 2.5hrs  morning of Dec.31 and made it my official last project of 2014......





These few alterations were made to the pattern
Modifications Made
1. Cut size 14, lengthened to dress length and tapped from hip to hemline
2. Omitted the buttons on the collar
3. Interfaced the sleeve and dress hem with fusible interface
4. Added a belt
 Conclusion:
No dislike at all as this dress kept me warm throughout the day and  I will make it my TNT sweater dress pattern. Flattering, easy and quick what not to love?
 Happy Sewing !!!

12 comments:

  1. I have this pattern and never thought of making into a dress. I love your version. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! What a great dress to end the year on! Looks good on you and I love the fabric selection, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! You inspire me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Yomzy, am so glad you are inspired.

      Delete
  4. This is great Aminat! Lengthening the top pattern into a dress was a good idea and you wear it well! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty dress and looks so warn. I have that pattern and want to sew up a few turtlenecks.

    ReplyDelete