Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Starting 2016 with Newlook 6068

Happy 2016  everyone hope you are enjoying the year so far.....
I made this little number NL 6068  just before Xmas, I was looking for something easy  and comfortable to pull together for a holiday dinner with friends and family, something that wouldn't reveal my mid section from my uncontrolled holiday eating...lol.  This dress passed the test no doubt.. I made another one in a lace fabric on New year's eve but I don't think I love it as much as this one in a rayon  fabric, you know  how  fabric choice sometimes change the design that's what happened with the lace fabric
Technically  I haven't made anything this year yet but  lots of cleaning and plannings have been done.


 On the stash front, I am on fabric diet for now ......but let's see how long it's gon'na last....lol...
Here are some pics show casing  my dress....
 I am looking forward to better sewing and planning this year....... .... So help me God . Most of my sewing time was spent on clients last year, which I am so grateful for and hope to continue this year with some twist.







For my dress here is my take on the pattern:

Fabric:  Rayon fabric from stash, this fabric has been in my stash for at least 3 years ......
Pattern Sizing: I cut size 16, based on flat measurement
Were the instructions easy to follow: Easy I will say as I didn't use for most part
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: 
I lengthened the bodice by 4", too short for my taste
Lengthened the sleeve by 1"
Didn't use the facing rather a bias tape to finish the neck
Conclusion:Easy, comfy and stylish

 Enjoy!!!!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have ever looked twice at this pattern, but it came out really nice. It is very feminine...and I think I have some rayon that has been sitting around that long that needs to be used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress and I love the fabric! I know it's really nice to be able to sew for yourself when you have clients...however, it REALLY nice to have clients too! You're truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete