Friday, December 22, 2017

Little Red Dress!

The Story of My Less Than 2 Hours Dress! 1hr 37 min Dress!

Yes, that's correct, and I broke my 2 hours record too.
To say I have been busy is an understatement, I have been extremely busy in all phases of my life... but you know what? I am sincerely grateful to Almighty God....

Last week was our end-of-the-year party at work, and I was prepared to wear a particular red dress I made sometimes ago, I was certain it was somewhere on the hanger in my closet, I wasn't ready to make any dress because there was no time, I was looking forward to wearing a dress for a change as I have been in jeans and full PPE on work sites for almost 2 weeks.

The party was to start at 6pm, and it will take about 30 min drive from home to the venue. I got home at 2:30 pm, did all the needful, and went to get the dress, I searched my closet, every nooks and cranny but couldn't find my dress, at 3:15pm I told hubby that I will search for another 15 mins after which I will start to make another dress.... You should have seen the look on my husband's face… :) Like what kind of woman are you? lol but I didn't give him any chance to persuade me further.

At 3:30pm I went straight to the studio, went through my fabric stash and saw this beautiful red lace, just about 2 meters but 60" wide, I had drafted an A-line sleeveless pattern in summer, I placed pattern on fabric, cut the sleeves, and used the 180-degree circle method to cut the sleeve flounce....

Started sewing at about 3:45pm or so, and at exactly 5:07 pm I completed the dress, I even had time to take some photos. Left the studio, dressed up, and at 5:35 pm we left for the venue, got to the venue at 6:10pm, in fact we would have been there earlier if not for the traffic....

Fabric cutting, sewing and pressing - 3:30 pm to 5:07 pm, took me exactly 1hr 37min from start to finish... I am super duper :).  I finished the neck with bias binding, but left the sleeve flounce edges raw, the flounces are cut on bias anyway so they wont fray, but might finish it later, but for now.... I am one happy camper, not only did I get a lot of compliments, but you should have seen the way my hubby was bragging about it too.. 😊 😊.,Story of my dress eh!

Happy Holidays to you all and looking forward God’s willing to a Fabulous 2018!!!
Fabulously Yours - Omo Esho!!!







7 comments:

  1. The dress looks GREAT! I'd say you pulled that one off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did that. That is great idea having patterns that are ready to go. Fitting for me is normally where all my time goes.

    ReplyDelete